Thursday, December 31, 2015

MY LEARNING DAY

 A very traditional Angola dinner and visit with Brother and Sister Fernandes and their family. 

 I'm not sure if you can see, this is the outdoor kitchen.  There is another one inside to the left..  Most of the homes here have the kitchen separate from the main house because the only cooking source is a 5 gallon propane tank that sits inside the kitchen.  So for safety reasons, they are separate from the main house. 
 Brother Fernandes and President Merrill visiting before lunch. 
 This is the maid preparing "funge".  This is a staple with every meal...my next lesson!!
 Sister Fernandes and Brother Fernandes.
 Sister Fernandes giving me a lesson in Angola cooking.
LOOK ... I MADE SOME PARACUCA!!
(candied peanuts)  I love these and buy them too often on the street. Now I won't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment